Greetings, Sleuths! We are closing in on the grand finale of The Great Mystery 2013! Thanks for being part of this wild ride!
This Friday at 5pm we hope you will join us for the little reception we’ve planned this Friday evening, May 17th, at 5pm. A few notes:
• The (coded, of course!) location of this event is included in your final mailing — a postcard — that should be in your mailbox today or at the latest tomorrow. This postcard also provides the Long Awaited Information about how to decipher your weekly clues, so you can come Friday ready to win the Culminating Mystery Prize! You must be present to win!
• All Great Mystery teams are welcome to join us at the reception, even if you haven’t managed to collect all four of your weekly answers and even if you haven’t deciphered the encrypted information on them. We’d still like you to come, snack, and enjoy. There may be some unexpected prizes!
• Did we mention that you should not only patronize, but thank, the businesses that make The Great Mystery, and Explorations Academy, possible? Please help us celebrate Mallard Ice Cream, The Community Food Co-op, Village Books, McKay’s Taphouse, Bellingham Cold Storage, Brandywine Kitchens, D’Angelo International, Louis Auto Glass, Angler Automotive, Western Solar, Merch-Bot, Mahy Counseling, Fairhaven Bike, Good to Go, Avenue Bread, and all our other wonderful suporters!
• If possible, please bring any still photos or video clips you’ve collected of your Great Mystery shenanigans. We’d love to use them to help build up this event for next year.
• We will also award the Bike Prize at the reception. Bring images of your bike next to as many clues as possible. If multiple teams visited ALL their clue locations by bike, we’ll draw for the winner. And, since this Friday is Bike to Work and School and Great Mystery Day, come to the event via silent and nonpolluting transport if at all possible!
• Lest we overlook Congratulations that are In Order, kudos to the Ten Mad Terriers for coming in with the correct Week Three Family Edition answer, thus winning a Mallard Ice Cream gift certificate. Keep at it, Family Edition teams — Week Four is yet to be won!
SEE YOU FRIDAY AT 5pm!